Thursday, April 1, 2010

I Crush Men

I have three Brian's on my team, three Yankees and three Braves so all is right in the world. I am sure the manliest-man-crushfest of all time, GIAMBI and me, will soon reunite but for now, he is cheering me on from the wire. (I swear if Helton gets hurt I get GIAMBI. I am keeping my waiver position just in case.)

Unlike Webb, my man-crush doesn't come along due to performance but rather something I cannot explain. I really only have one rule when it comes to a man-crush ... the dude has to be white. I ain't into the jungle fever thing.

If you read Webb's previous article, he mentioned the trade that nabbed him Justin Upton, his new man-crush. He assured me Ellsbury (my young man-crush) would be there for me later in the round. Royce picked him up a couple picks earlier. I could have squashed Webb like a bug. I love Ellsbury and for what reason? No idea. I even hate the Red Sox.

Anyway, back to my team. The three Brian's are Brian McCann, Brian Roberts and Brian Wilson. I care less about Wilson so he's out. McCann is a Brave which immediately earns brownie points. Roberts is the most beautiful man on the planet and I wept when I traded him last year (to Webb of all people). He is back on my team to stay. While I love McCann for multiple reasons, I don't have an official man-crush on him.

Derek Jeter and Andy Pettitte ... two of my Yankees. Now we're talking. These guys have been staples on my teams for years and years. Jeter is untradable. He is the icon of the most historic team in the greatest city in the world.

I also have the new greatest player in the world, Jason Heyward, who I drafted 438 rounds before most people. But, refer back to my one rule.

Why the heck am I even naming all these players? I could have written a two word post. Everyone knows what is coming.

Derek Jeter ... white enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment