Thursday, March 18, 2010

To Reach or Not To Reach...

We all face this dilemma during a draft. Do we take the safe choice that elicits silent, approving nods from our counterparts either sitting next to us or sitting at their desks across the world, or do we take the sexy player that we COVET but know that we shouldn't pick for at least 2 more rounds. I believe this quandary comes into play even more so in keeper leagues, such as the one I am currently apart of which was referenced above. Jason Heyward was drafted in the 3rd round... THE 3RD ROUND!!!. Now say what you will, that is a bold move. Yes, it will probably not pay off this year. For the next 3 years though? I for one, would much rather enjoy rooting for the players on my team than taking the safe, boring choice. To reach or not to reach, that is the question...

2 comments:

  1. I subscribe from the school that says reach, especially in our league. I think there can be merit in actually wanting to root for your fantasy team because they are guys you enjoy and not just the safe pick that you are supposed to take due to ADP or rank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take constant advantage of all the reaching, but in reverse. I consistently get guys way behind slot because yall are reaching for guys too soon in my opinion. For instance, Luke drafting Posey in the 20s, while Molina is still available. If Posey gets called up this year it will be late and I got the 20 HR catcher a few rounds later.

    ReplyDelete